"Allow Get Copy For User With Read Privilege" Disables DAM Renditions
(Doc ID 834932.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 10.0 to 10.1.4.5.0 [Release 10gR3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
If the Content Security flag "Allow get copy for user with read privilege" is unchecked to prevent read-only users from downloading the native file, then users are not able
to view, open or download DAM renditions.
Can access to the native file be disabled, without disabling access to the web renditions as well?
### Steps to Reproduce ###
1. Log into a 10gR3 Content Server that has the Digital asset Manager (DAM) component loaded.
2. Go to Administration=> Admin Server then select the grey instance name box.
3. Select the 'Content Security' tab.
4. Uncheck the "Allow get copy for user with read privilege" checkbox and click Save.
5. Restart the Content Server.
6. Start the User Admin applet.
7. Create a user and grant them the guest role. The guest role gives 'R' permission to the public security group.
8. Log into the Content server as the new user
9. Search for DAM content items.
10. Go to the info page for a DAM content item and try to download the Native File. This should not work
11. Click on the tab for renditions.
12. Note that the thumbnail is not displayed and other renditions cannot be displayed either.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document