WCI Collaboration Home Project Permissions Differ From Other Projects In Community
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Collaboration - Version 4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Jan-2014***
When applying the same user with the same permissions (Read) to a Community Home Project and to a regular Project, the user gains elevated privileges in the Home Project.
Steps To Reproduce:
1) Login as Administrator in the portal.
2) Create a user (testuser).
3) Create a Community and edit its security to add testuser to have select ability, so that it can search and join the community.
4) Go to the Community page and add the Community Projects portlet.
5) Click on Project Explorer, click New and add a new project.
6) Add testuser to the project's roles and permissions as a project guest and click Finish.
7) Click on Add Project and add the newly created project to the community page.
8) On a different browser log in as the guest user and Join the newly created community. Observe both the home community project and regular project.
9) The user has elevated permissions in the home community project than the regular project.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms