Last updated on JULY 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Web Cache - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Web Cache - Version: 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
This problem can occur on any platform.
- Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g 18.104.22.168.0 Webtier
- Selecting to install Web Cache and Oracle HTTP Server
- During the Configuration Tools section, the "Create and start Web Cache component" fails with:
Failed to start Webcache Component
- The $ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/WebCache/<component>/event_log shows the following errors:
[2009-07-08T14:19:52+01:00] [webcache] [ERROR:1] [WXE-13305] [frontend]
[ecid: ] Failed to assign port 7786: Address already in use
[2009-07-08T14:19:52+01:00] [webcache] [ERROR:1] [WXE-09707] [main] [ecid: ]
Failed to start the server.
[2009-07-08T14:19:52+01:00] [webcache] [ERROR:1] [WXE-09609] [main] [ecid: ]
The server process could not initialize.
[2009-07-08T14:19:52+01:00] [webcache] [NOTIFICATION:1] [WXE-09610] [main]
[ecid: ] The server is exiting.
- Analysis shows that the component that has the same port is Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) in the same Webtier installation
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms