Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:COREid Access - Version: 10.1.4.2
This problem can occur on any platform.
Challenge Questions that include apostrophes - ' - cause Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Lost Password Management (LPM) Challenge/Response validation to fail with Invalid Response error.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure OAM LPM and create a challenge question with an apostrophe e.g. What was your first pet's name?
2. User logs into OAM and is prompted to set a response to the 'What was your first pet's name?' challenge question.
3. User returns to the site after some days and is unable to remember password, so uses the Lost Password option to reset their password.
4. The challenge/response page is displayed, the user submits the correct response to the question 'What was your first pet's name?'.
5. The change password screen is displayed. The user enters the a new password and confirms it.
6. Upon Submit of the new password, the user is returned to the challenge/response page with "Invalid Response" message.
The LPMChallengeResponsePatch.zip patch which was supplied as a separate file in the OAM Bundle Patch (BP) 04 download has been installed, to fix <<Bug 12262069>> LPM CHALLENGE RESPONSE NOT WORKING - REFUSING THE CORRECT ANSWERS.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms