oidctl status Fails to Show Correct Information
(Doc ID 946668.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
- After starting OID using opmnctl, oidctl shows it as not running, using either of the SID or service name in the command:
- sqlnet.ora correctly shows TNSNAMES first in the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH
- tnsnames.ora includes the domain for the HOST parameter for this database
- The command 'hostname' returns only the hostname (no domain listed)
- Every line is commented out in the /etc/netsvc.conf
- "netstat -a" returns "<HOSTNAME>.<PORT>" instead of "<FQ_HOSTNAME>.<PORT>"
- The issue reported here was on AIX, which may or may not be relevant
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document