Using EDN in SOA 11g, is there a Setting that will Allow a Subscriber Process to Maintain the Subscription if the Subscribing Process is not Available?
(Doc ID 974276.1)
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle(R) BPEL Process Manager - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In general pubish/subscribe operations, the subscriber has to unsubscribe or undeploy to remove a subscription. However, the subscriptions are gone when shutdown the subscriber process. If it is down for a period of time, it would be desirable to pickup all outstanding events when the process comes active again. If you use EDN for an sync type processing (data replication), you do not want to miss updates.
1. Create a publisher of an event and deploy
2. Create a subscriber of an event and deploy
3. Check the Business Event section of em and see that the event has a subscriber
4. Shutdown the subscriber process in em
5. Check the Business Event section of em and see that the event no longer has a subscriber
6. Start the subscriber process in em
7. Check the Business Event section of em and see that the event has a subscriber again
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document