User with the PortalSystemDelegator Role is Unable to View Books and Portals Objects in the Portal Administration Tool
(Doc ID 980837.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Portal - Version 9.2.0 to 9.2.0 [Release Weblogic Platform]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PortalSystemDelegator role is a role that allows users in the role to manage Portal assets, in particular Portal Library assets. A user with the PortalSystemDelegator role is able to create Objects, such as books and portals, but is unable to view them within the Portal Administration Tool.
The issue can be reproduced as follows:-
1) In Portal Admin Console create a user '<User_DA>'.
2) Make this user as a Delegated Administrator. (Home -> Users, Groups, & Roles -> Delegated Administration)
3) Logout and log on with '<User_DA>'
4) In Portal Admin Console go to Portal Management, create a book in the library. This will create a book but that user will not be able to view the book after creation.
5) Logout and log on with the default Administrator account ,you will be able to see the book.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document