Last updated on MARCH 27, 2006
Applies to:Oracle ATG Web Commerce - Version: 2006.3 - Release: 2006
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Product Name: Dynamo Application Server
ATG Dynamo Version: 5.x +
Dynamo application modules provide a means of packaging your application in small, portable, self-contained structures that exist in the file system as a set of directories or jar files, defined by a manifest file. When you launch the Dynamo server these modules are automatically analyzed to determine CLASSPATH, CONFIGPATH and intermodule dependencies.
Application modules provide the following core features:
- Packaging of application components in a simple, modular directory structure.
- Ability to reference other modules on which they depend, causing the other modules to be automatically loaded.
- Dynamic calculation for a given set of modules, including client and server, of the correct class path, CONFIGPATH and main Java class.
- Automatic downloading of updated modules from server to client to ensure total forward and backward compatibility of the client.
- Provides a simple mechanism for helping ATG Tech Support troubleshoot your problems.
All Tech Support has to do to access your test case then is plug your module into our servers.
To create a module follow the directions listed below. Otherwise, for a detailed description of application modules see chapter 8 of the Dynamo Deployment Guide
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms