Estimated Landed Cost (ELC) Does Not Update When Dimensions Are Changed
(Doc ID 1055103.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.1 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Adding or changing the dimensions of goods, does not trigger the re-calculation of the Estimated Landed Cost (ELC). Since the ELC is not correctly re-calculated, the FUTURE_COST table data is incorrect.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Edit an approved regular tran-level item that has does not have item expenses, nor dimensions, and is ranged for stores. Be sure there are records in the FUTURE_COST table for the ITEM_SUPP_COUNTRY_LOC.
2. Navigate to item-supplier and select ELC expenses, open the Item-Expense Maintenance form and set an ITEM_EXPENSE zone level at the Expense header, do not select the "Base expense" check box.
3. Save the changes and close the forms.
4. Notice: The dimensions for the item-supplier-country have not been entered.
5. Navigate to the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) database and determine whether a new record has been added to the COST_EVENT_ELC table for the item-supplier, due to the new item-expense. A new record is added to the COST_EVENT table with CTION column value 'ADD' for the COST_EVENT_PROCESS_ID column of the new item expense, and new record is written to the COST_EVENT_THREAD table. Also, check the ITEM_EXP_DETAIL table: the new item/expense has been added with column EST_EXP_VALUE value of 0 (this is valid, since the dimensions have not been entered/changed).
6. Since the ELC cost event type is set to run BATCH, run the RMS Future cost engine batch process (FCEXEC).
7. Check that new records have been added to the FUTURE_COST table for the item/supplier and active date = VDATE, and have the ELC amount value of 0.
8. Note: At this point, you have just created the scenario where the item has item expenses but no dimensions.
9. Navigate to the RMS database and check the EST_EXP_VALUE column value in the ITEM_EXP_DETAIL table has been updated (a non-zero value) for the item-supplier. Check that no records have been added or changed in the COST_EVENT_ELC table and COST_EVENT table.
10. Run the RMS Future Cost engine batch process (FCEXEC).
11. Check the FUTURE_COST table: there are no changes (the ELC_AMOUNT column and the PRICING_COST column still have the same values).
Expected Results: The records in the FUTURE_COST table for the item/supplier/locations in the "South" Cost zone should have been added/updated for active_date >= VDATE, due to changes on the ELC.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document