Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 23-Sep-2013***
Checked for relevance on 07-Oct-2013.
The user has multiple cm's/dm's running with and without timos in an environment with ROC synchronization done and timos is going down with 'out of memory' every 2 days.
Some errors are coming in dm_timos log and memory usage of timos is going very high in 3 days, though the http memory monitor probes shows only 0.4gb. But in log, it is giving warning about reaching memory limit.
Below are error messages from dm_timos:
See the following error:
/export/home/brm/opt/portal/7.3.1/bin/dm_timos: An error occurred during processing.
Originator : timosMgr.MemoryMonitor
Message : ERR_MEM_MON_MEMORY_LIMIT
Arguments : SHUTTING DOWN:
State : false
Severity : CRITICAL
Thread : 1
The user has multiple cm's/dm_oracle's configured in the system. Customer Creation/Adjustment/Billing through one cm/dm_oracle and realtime rating done through cm/dm_timos/dm_oracle
All the processes are running on the same machine.
Configuration is something like this
1. CM 1 : Listens on port 11960 and is connected to DM_ORACLE 1.
2. DM_ORACLE 1 : Listens on 12950 and is connected to database with ROC synchronized to DM_TIMOS (entry in the pin.conf as - dm dm_pointer 0.0.0.1 ip 127.x.x.x 12960).
CM1 is used for Billing/Adjustment/Customer Creation etc.
3. CM2 : Listens on 11961 and is connected to DM_TIMOS.
4. DM_TIMOS : Listens on 12960 and is connected to DM_ORACLE 2.
5. DM_ORACLE 2 : Listens on 12951 and is connected to the database. CM2 : is used for only real time rating
The problem is, DM_TIMOS is going down throwing out of memory error in 2 days time even the system has enough memory.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms