Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Combined duplicate notes
1378106.1 Manufacturer Part With Parenthesis Throws Error "Manufacturer part name is not a valid object" While Adding To the Manufacturer Tab Using Type Ahead
1270092.1 Adding a Manufacturer Part Number That Contains Parenthesis in the Name to an Object Causes Error "
into this one
When attempting to add a manufacturer part as a redline on an ECO/MCO|Affected Items tab|Redline manufacturers, parts declarations, etc or using type ahead while trying to add a manufacturer part with parenthesis, the following error occurs:
<Manufacturer Part Number>) <Manufacturer> ( is not a valid object
Manufacturer part name is not a valid object
<PART DESCRIPTION> is not a valid object
-- What is working
Able to add the same manufacturer part if drag and drop from the Recently Visited pane. Able to add the same manufacturer part from the Search result.
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into web client
2. Create Manufacturer "XXX (Bangalore)"
3. Create Manufacturer Part "XXX001"
4. Create Homogeneous Material Declaration "MD00003"updated
5. Click on Manufacturer Parts tab, click on ADD button
6. Type 'XXX' from the drop down list select this manufacturer part and hit Enter key.
7. Error :Bangalore)::XXX001 (XXX is not a valid object" shows up
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms