Why Does the REQEXT Replenishment Batch Abort with the Error Message 'RET-0103: generic function processing error'?
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance July 2013
Why does the REQEXT replenishment batch abort with the error message:
We have items set up with a STORE_ORD_MULT value of EACH, there is only 1 style that is set up as a CASE. The style that is set up as CASE has SUPP_PACK_SIZE value of 3.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a transaction level item. Choose the STORE_ORD_MULT value of 'E' (Each). Range the item to a store and a warehouse.
2. Add replenishment attributes to the item/store as follows:
stock category = Direct to Store or Warehouse Stocked
order control = Semi-Automatic
replenishment method = Min Max or Floating Point
review cycle = Every Week
3. Notice: A record is inserted into the following database tables: REPL_ITEM_LOC, REPL_DAY and REPL_ITEM_LOC_UPDATES.
4. Run the batch programs PREPOST, RILMAINT, PRE, and RILMAINT.PC. Records should be updated in table REPL_ITEM_LOC, such as NEXT_REVIEW_DATE, SUPP_PACK_SIZE, INNER_PACK_SIZE, STORE_ORD_MULT, etc.
5. Update table REPL_ITEM_LOC column STORE_ORD_MULT with value 'E' and column SUPP_PACK_SIZE with value 0. This is to force the error scenario.
6. Insert a STORE_ORDERS table record for the ITEM/STORE/NEED_DATE with a positive NEED_QTY value. This is to force the replenishment algorithm to return a positive ROQ.
7. To recreate the problem in REQEXT.PC, repeat steps 1 through 6. In step 2, the stock category must be 'Warehouse Stocked' or 'WH/Cross Link'.
8. Run the batch program OCIROQ.C. This will create an RPL_NET_INVENTORY_TMP record for the item/store. Update this item/store RPL_NET_INVENTORY_TMP with a value > 0 for ROQ, ORDER_POINT, and ORDER_UP_TO_POINT.
9. Determine which partition your item is in within the RPL_NET_INVENTORY_TMP table. Run the batch program REQEXT using this partition number. This will result in the fatal error:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms