New crystal reports options for server names allowing for different client and server access URLs
(Doc ID 1072019.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Framework - Version 2.1.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 2.1 to 2.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are two scenarios for this issue:
1) Pre-requisite: the environment must be configured using load balancing. The application server
should require a different URL to connect to Crystal Reports than an end-user browser uses. For
example, maybe the app server must connect using an IP address and port but the browser
window uses https and a domain name.
1. Configure the Report Options to have the Application Server version of the URL.
2. Then try to access Report History or try to submit a report.
3. The system log indicates a Connection Refused error.
4. Change the Report Options to have the End-User version of the URL.
5. Browser window displays a browser error. The system log may indicate a Null Pointer
2) Schedule a report to run in batch. An error is logged:
Text: host parameter is null.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document