Building Domain Support for Unified Inventory Management (UIM) using Technology Packs
(Doc ID 1075377.1)
Last updated on JULY 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management - Technology Packs - Version 7.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This white paper explores concepts and recommended practices for the development of Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management (UIM) technology packs. It has been written for systems integrators and service provider IT staff responsible for configuring UIM to fit provider-specific needs. An example of a mobility technology pack is utilized to illustrate the process. This paper assumes that you have a basic understanding of UIM and Oracle Communications Design Studio as well as basic data modeling concepts. For additional information on topics covered in this white paper, refer to UIM Concepts (formerly known as Understanding UIM), UIM Studio Help, UIM Developer's Guide, and UIM Model Overview.
- Defining Domains in UIM
- Technology Packs
- Designing and Building Technology Packs
- Planning and Domain Analysis
- Building Configuration Artifacts in Design Studio
- Equipment Specifications
- Custom Object Specifications
- Logical Device Specifications and Logical Device Account Specifications
- Telephone Number Specifications and Rule Set Extension Points
- Service Specifications and Service Configuration Specifications
- Managing Cartridges
- Building Web Services
- Building Customized Web Pages
- Localizing Text
- Using Oracle Technology Packs
- Extending Oracle Technology Packs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document