AAA Pipeline Consumes 100% CPU
(Doc ID 1083994.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CM returns error and pipeline (IFW) produces a core dump and then begins consuming 100% of CPU time on its processor. Must restart AAA pipeline or suffer degraded performance
Errors in pipeline log - ExceptionPipe.log
Steps to Reproduce:
The environment is a two-server configuration.
1. stop the cm_aaa process on server to ensure all traffic hits server 1.
2. cleared out all the logs in the ifw/log directory as well as cm_aaa.pinlog.
3. using script to generate typical data call traffic. There is nothing exceptional about the quota requests themselves.
4. stop realtime discount pipeline which causes the numerous PIN_ERR_DM_CONNECT_FAILED errors.
5. Wait a few seconds and then restart the realtime discount pipeline.
6. Within about a minute of the restart IFW generates that stack trace and begins consuming all available CPU time again.
This is not typical of what would happen in production but it's triggering what appears to be the same bug.
How to resolve this issue?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document