Why Is RIB-RPM Not Moving Messages Into Application Error Hospital Tables If Retail Integration Bus (RIB) AQ Database and Application Database Are Down?
Last updated on JULY 01, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Integration Bus - Version 13 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 22-March-2012
Checked for relevance on October 14, 2013
If a newly created price change is approved while the RIB AQ DATABASE is shutdown, the message gets successfully hospitalized. However, if a price change that has previously been successfully approved (while the RIB DATABASE is up) is then moved back to worksheet status (also while the RIB DATABASE is up), and then re-approved while the RIB DATABASE and Application Database is shut down, the message is not hospitalized and is lost. Is it the expected behavior?
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create and approve a price change.
2. Set the approved price change back to worksheet status.
3. Bring RIB Database and Application Database down.
4. Approve the price change again.
5. Note that the message is not reaching the RIB Hospital table, but the price change is getting approved in RPM, and the message is lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms