Enabling Debug (SQLTIMES) - Oracle Argus Safety
(Doc ID 1087179.1)
Last updated on MAY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 4.2.0 and later
Oracle Argus Safety Japan - Version 4.2.0 and later
Oracle Argus Safety Cloud Service - Version 7.0 and later
Oracle Argus Safety Japan Cloud Service - Version 7.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 23-Jul-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 26-Jun-2018***
Diagnostic tool that creates a log files that captures database transactions on a per user/per hour basis
Helpful for reviewing what queries are executed and the execution times associated with those queries
This applies to versions: 4.2.x, 5.x, 6.x. 7.x and 8.x
This applies to modules: Argus Safety Web, Argus Affiliate and Argus Safety Services (AG services)
This does not apply to module: Argus Console
1. Monitor the debug log directory and disable debugging after the troubleshooting session to ensure that the logs do not fill up your file system. Log files can be reviewed and deleted to free up storage.
2. Enabling debugging will result in some performance degradation due to additional I/O
3. The debug log files will be created with the following general naming convention and in general troubleshooting and debugging revolves around a particular application user.
4. When debugging an Argus Safety Service task (AG service), you must enable only the process/task that is being debugged.
5. Logging is enabled/disabled on each Argus server independently via update to the ARGUS.INI file
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Version 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x|