First Billing Inconsistent On Data Migrated With CMT
(Doc ID 1089571.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During billing tests on migrated data(using CMT) the users have noticed following issues:
- Not all billinfos, that are supposed to be billed, are billed during the first call of pin_bill_day. Some billinfos are not processed at all (i.e. do not end up in error), however in subsequent runs of pin_bill_day script, they are processed (with no changes to data, script, date, etc.).
- As a result of previous problem, some parent billinfos are billed before all subordinate billinfos in their hierarchy are billed (meaning the bill is finalized), leaving incorrigible corrupt data in DB.
- Items that belong to first billing period after migration are not updated during billing (as bill reference, effective/closed/opened dates and status are not modified etc.). On provisioned data or during billing for subsequent periods for migrated accounts, items are updated correctly during billing. Non updated items cause some problems in further processing and also present inconsistent data not usable for downstream processes.
- It is possible to bill a subordinate account ‘successfully’, after parent account is already billed (point 2). In that case, charges, that should have been assigned to a parent bill which is already finalized, are lost (with no warning/error).
- During billing for the second period, tax events for both periods – first and second are cumulated on same item for parent accounts with subordinate child accounts, causing discrepancy between sum of items and the real value to be billed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document