Oracle Realtime Scheduler Slot Booking is Not Working and Postbox Table Populated With Millions of Records
(Doc ID 1089805.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Real-Time Scheduler - Version 10.1.0 to 1.13.0 [Release 10.1 to 1.13]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are unable to book orders through slot requests. Millions of records are in the POSTBOX table and an extra process is in the PROCESS_STATUS table where the PROC_NAME = "rts_ws.exe". The POSTBOX table cleared and began to process normally when the Oracle Realtime Scheduler (ORS) Resource Manager Web Service process (rts_ws.exe) was deleted from the PROCESS_STATUS table.
Information to Gather for Issue Clarification:
1. If a process sent the Web Service a SYNC_PLAN request it can be seen in the Web Service logs. The following UNIX command will search the logs for such an event.
2. The following SQL will help identifying the problem by returning the oldest message in the POSTBOX table and show time the problem occurred.
3. A dump of the PROCESS_STATUS table is required to identify the offending process.
4. The scale of the problem can be seen by the number of records in the POSTBOX table.
5. Obtain a dump of the POSTBOX table before clearing any records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Information to Gather for Issue Clarification:|