Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During billing why customers, contracts and even billed are locked. Whereas its expected to lock only customers.
Billing batch process is done in 2 steps:
• First, one run billing for all contracts (subordinates)
• Then, one run billing for all customers (parent payment responsible)
During billing of contracts, each contract is locked (OK).
During billing of customers:
• The customer account is locked (OK).
• All contracts (already billed) are also locked => this is useless and painful for performance. Contracts have been already billed – there is no reasons for locking those accounts as the bill for each contract, even if not finalized, is already frozen and cannot be changed anyway.
Solution: Lock only the customer (not all the contracts) while billing customers. If unbilled contracts are found, the unbilled contract will be billed and inside this sub-billing activity, the contract will be locked and it’s fine.
• Billing performance for customers is impacted.
• Locking the contracts has also an impacts on REL update => while contracts are locked, REL updater is locked, waiting for the contract to be unlocked.
During billing of customers, contracts already billed should not be locked.
During billing of customers, contracts even billed are locked.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms