Automatic Re-Rating Creates Rerate Job Even Though It Is Not Backdated Purchase
Last updated on JULY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 version, automatic re-rating creates rerate job even though it is not backdated purchase.
- Purchase a product on an account such that purchase_start_t of the product is, say, 1st Jan 10.00 AM.
- fm_bill's timestamp_rounding is set to1 in cm pin.conf.
- In this case, we will round the purchase_start_t to 1st Jan 00.00 hrs.
- Currently in 7.3.0, we are comparing 1st Jan 00.00 hrs with current time (say, 1st Jan 10.15AM) to decide if this time difference is more than the window (backdate_window) defined. If yes, we create the rerate job.
- So in the above case, say the backdate_window is 1 hr, then the purchase of the product will end up creating a rerate job, even though it is not actually a backdate purchase, because actual difference is only 15 minutes (10AM and 10.15AM) which is less than the window (1 hr).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms