Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12-Jun-2014
Receiving an Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN) Type 'T' for a container that has a mixed stock-keeping unit (SKU) incorrectly updates the APPT_DETAIL_TO_UPLOAD table, causing data corruption in the Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create two separate transfers (WH to WH) each having a different item, both going to the same warehouse.
2. Allocate the two transfers in RWMS. Pick the two transfers, such that both were picked to the same container. Thus the container has multi-SKU.
3. Ship the container, and notice the ASN created; 'T-type' is for a multi-SKU container.
4. Notice the ASN_ITEM records reflect both purchase orders (PO's) as the transfer number for the items as created initially.
5. Appoint the ASN in the second WH to which the transfers are going.
6. Once the door is assigned, the APPT_DETAIL_TO_UPLOAD record is created.
7. Review of the records shows that the PO_NBR has the same transfer number even though it was different per the ASN_ITEM record.
8. The APPT_DETAIL table in RMS also now reflects incorrectly the DOC field, having the same number as the one PO.
9. Once the container is received, the RECEIPT_TO_UPLOAD goes up correctly where the item/PO are set appropriately, thus using the ASN_ITEM record to create.
10. However, the APPT_DETAIL table in RMS only reflects the partial receipt.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms