Java.Lang.NullPointerException Uploading Calendar Periods Using Spreadsheet in R12
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Performance Foundation - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading from E-Business Suite 11i to E-Business Suite R12, in Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator 12.0.6, you cannot load new Calendar Period dimension members using the WebADI "Create from Spreadsheet" option. When you select upload, the following error appears in the "Upload parameters" window:
The upload process has completed with errors. Press Close to return to the document and fix the errors.
- Upload processing did not complete
- Exception during parsing of upload document. java.lang.NullPointerException
Additionally, the WebADI debug file BneLogger.log contains the following messages:
3/1/10 10:53 AM Web ADI Upload Job 1251087 DETAIL FemMemberGroupValidator.validateGroup Start
3/1/10 10:53 AM Web ADI Upload Job 1251087 ERROR BneUploader.processUpload(), fatal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
3/1/10 10:53 AM Web ADI Upload Job 1251087 ERROR java.lang.NullPointerException
The error prevents you from creating new Calendar Period values via an Excel spreadsheet.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to the Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator responsibility
- Go to Configuration Rules > Dimension > Members
- Use Switch Dimension to select the Calendar Period dimension
- Click on Create from Spreadsheet
- Open the WebADI.xls spreadsheet and populate it with Calendar Period members
- Select Oracle > Upload to upload the values
The "Upload parameters" window opens and the error appears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms