Late Purchase Order Receipt Average Cost Issue
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 31-Dec-2011
When a stock count has been processed; and a late purchase order (PO) receipt is posted; the average cost recalculation is incorrect.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create and approve a PO for an item/location.
2. Create a stock count:
a. Create a stock count through front end (Unit only type)
b. Run stkxpld.pc. This batch will explode the stock count to item /loc level and will insert header records into STAKE_SKU_LOC and STAKE_PROD_LOC tables.
c. Set vdate to Stock Count Date.
d. Run stkupd.pc (This batch will update snapshots in STAKE_SKU_LOC table).
3. Process physical count file:
a. Create an input file with the item created in step 1 and Run stkupld.pc. (The file layout is mentioned in the ops guide and the client can be asked to send the file used. Then update the values with our data).
- Make sure the stock on hand quantity for this item/loc in ITEM_LOC_SOH table is different from the value entered in the file in order to create a variance.
b. Notice that STAKE_QTY and STAKE_SKU_LOC tables are populated.
4. Approve variances and close stock count:
- Create a variance adjustment header through the front end (stkvarnc.fmb) and notice that the STAKE_CONT table is populated.
5. Run stkvar.pc
(posts the variance records to TRAN_DATA and updates the ITEM_LOC_SOH with the recalculated AV_COST if any).
6. For the stock counted location, do a cost change for an item and receive a new PO at the new cost; so that AV_COST is recalculated.
7. Receive the PO created in step 1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms