Bad Performance of Ctrl-R (userexit set_all_fld) if 'CALCULATED ROW HEIGHT' is Activated in the Java Client Preferences
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When activating "Calculated row height" in the Java Client Preferences (General | Masks | tab Layout) the performance when using Ctrl-R (userexit set_all_fld) is decreasing dramatically.
Updating 110 rows in mask EDB-LGV-DT-PRC-RLI, field LV_DT_PRC.COMNT takes about 20 seconds versus only about 0.5 seconds without activating this setting.
The performance should be the same or similar as without activating "Calculated row height".
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. In the Java Client preferences go to General | Masks | tab Layout.
2. Activate checkbox "Calculated row height".
3. Open LogiView mask from TOP menu: Manager | Macro | LogiView | Logic models.
4. Query for GdmBatch and Select Procedure CrePdf.
6. Switch to tab Logic.
7. Select all lines and enter update mode.
8. Set cursor into field Comment (LV_DT_PRC.COMNT) and enter a text.
9. Press Ctrl-R which writes the text into all edited records in the mask.
=> It takes about 20 seconds for the application to give control back to the user.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms