Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A deadlock error is received upon provisioning of the products to an account in BRM (Billing And Revenue Management). This causes provisioning to fail but service creation was successful. Service creation will then need to be bypassed in order for the product to be re-provisioned successfully.
1. EAI (Integration) attempted to create a service and provision products in BRM on 27-Feb.
2. The service creation is successful. However, BRM throws a ‘DEADLOCK’ error during the provisioning of the product.
3. This error was returned to OSM (Order Service Management) via EAI.
4. Following this, OSM tried to re-fire the messages several times on different days. However, all attempts failed as the service was already created.
5. Finally a message needed to be updated in OSM to skip the service creation (set MOLI billable flag to ‘N’). This resulted in a successful re-firing of the message to provision the products only.
6. This error is happening rather frequently even for a small number of order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms