Return of a Transaction Tendered with Gift Card and Credit Card Causes Data Violation ORA-00001
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0 to 14.0 [Release 13.0 to 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service (ORPOS), when doing a return with receipt POS generates a ORA-00001 error when the retrieved transaction is tendered with gift card and credit card.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-requisite: Issue a new gift card with $20.
1. Enter an item on the Sale Screen.
2. Click Tender.
3. Perform split tendering. Enter $10 in Tender Option screen.
4. Click gift card and enter gift card number and continue.
5. Tender remaining amount with Credit Card.
6. Click Return > Return with Receipt.
7. Retrieve the transaction and move forward to Sale Screen.
8. In Sale Screen, Click Tender.
9. In Tender Option screen, click Credit.
10. Enter Customer Information. Press Next.
11. Enter Credit Card information and complete the return transaction.
Observe the following error in server log:
Execute Statement Failed :ORA-00001: unique constraint (BO01.SYS_C0047532) violated
SQL Error Code: 1; SQL State : 23000;
SQL Statement: INSERT INTO TR_RTN_TND ( RSPS_AZN, TY_TND, AI_TRN, MO_ITM_LN_TND, ID_WS, DC_DY_BSN, ID_STR_RT) VALUES (null, '1', 44, 40.95, '129', '2010-04-14', '04241') "
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms