Return of a Transaction Tendered with Gift Card and Credit Card Causes Data Violation ORA-00001
(Doc ID 1125245.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0 to 14.0 [Release 13.0 to 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service (ORPOS), when doing a return with receipt POS generates a ORA-00001 error when the retrieved transaction is tendered with gift card and credit card.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-requisite: Issue a new gift card with $20.
- Enter an item on the Sale Screen.
- Click Tender.
- Perform split tendering. Enter $10 in Tender Option screen.
- Click gift card and enter gift card number and continue.
- Tender remaining amount with Credit Card.
- Click Return > Return with Receipt.
- Retrieve the transaction and move forward to Sale Screen.
- In Sale Screen, Click Tender.
- In Tender Option screen, click Credit.
- Enter Customer Information. Press Next.
- Enter Credit Card information and complete the return transaction.
Observe the following error in server log:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document