Pending Inventory Adjustment Records Are Not Updated While Performing an RTV or RTW Using Unavailable Inventory
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.1 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 14-Aug-2013
Pending inventory adjustment records are not updated when a Return to Vendor (RTV) or a Return to Warehouse (RTW) is performed using unavailable inventory in Store Inventory Management (SIM).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Query SIM database table RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH table and note down the item id, and store id.
- Ensure that the item has positive value for RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.TOTAL_QUANTITY column (for example 10)
- Log into SIM PC client and create an inventory adjustment with reason as "Damaged - Hold" for a quantity of 5
- Query RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH and note the value of RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.TOTAL_QUANTITY (as 10) and RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.ADJUST_UNAVAIL_QTY (set to 5)
- In SIM, Navigate to 'Main Menu' > 'Shipping/Receiving' > 'Returns'
- Create a RTV for the same item with quantity of 6.
- Click 'Yes' when prompted with "Would you like to use the unavailable inventory in the return" message
- Dispatch the RTV
- Query RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH and note the RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.TOTAL_QUANTITY value change to 4 and RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.ADJUST_UNAVAIL_QTY value changed to 0
- In SIM, navigate to 'Main Menu' -> 'Inv Mgmt' -> 'Inventory Adjustment' and open the Inventory Adjustment that is created in step 2 (the status in 'Pending')
- Enter quantity as 5 and choose the reason as 'Returns'
- Click on 'Done'
- Query RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH and notice, the value of RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.TOTAL_QUANTITY set to 4 and RK_STORE_ITEM_SOH.ADJUST_UNAVAIL_QTY set to -5
- Look up the item in Item Look up in SIM and notice the following:
Total Available: 9
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms