The Contract Account Is Locked Twice
(Doc ID 1173473.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 22.214.171.124.0
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Billing: Customers and Contracts are locked, whereas only customer should be locked
Billing batch process is done in 2 steps:
· First, we run billing for all contracts (subordinates)
· Then, we run billing for all customers (parent payment responsible)
During billing of contracts, each contract is locked (OK).
During billing of customers:
· The customer account is locked (OK)
· All contracts (already billed) are also locked => this is useless and painful for performance. Contracts have been already billed – there’s no reasons for locking those accounts as the bill for each contract, even if not finalized, is already frozen and cannot be changed anyway.
· Billing performance for customers is impacted.
· Locking the contracts has also an impacts on REL update => while contracts are locked, REL updater is locked, waiting for the contract to be unlocked.
Solution: Lock only the customer (not all the contracts) while billing customers. If unbilled contracts are found, the unbilled contract will be billed and inside this sub-billing activity, the contract will be locked and it is fine.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!