After a Stock Count is Completed, Recounted and Authorized, all Sales are Treated as Late Sales
(Doc ID 1175983.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) system, find that, after a stock count is completed, recounted and authorized, and if any sale of the items that are involved in the stock count are uploaded, SIM treats these sales as Late Sales. SIM then generates un-necessary inventory adjustments to add the sold quantities back to the Stock On Hand (SOH). This creates a SOH discrepancy between SIM and Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
Steps to recreate:
- Set up Unit & Amount stock count in SIM for tomorrow
- Run 'ExtractStockCount.sh' batch during the regular batch run to extract the stock count tomorrow
- Complete the physical count on day 1
- Complete re-counting and Authorize the stock count on day 2
- Create a Point-of-service Upload (POSU) file containing sales of some/all of the items involved in the stock count
- Run 'ResaFileParser.sh' and 'ResaOpenStkcCnt.sh' batches to upload the sales to SIM
- Notice that SIM creates late sales adjustments to match the quantities sold for items, when the sales were uploaded AFTER the stock count is authorized
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!