Service Invoice Rounding Difference Between Line Item Totals And Total Of Items Charged To Accounts
(Doc ID 1203138.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 [Release 1.8 to 1.9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Service Invoice: There is a difference in the invoice total amount and the sum of line item charges applied to accounts. This causes a problem when service invoice is integrated to GP system because the invoice total does not match the sum of the charges applied to each account.
Steps to Reproduce:
The sum of item charges applied to the individual accounts of service invoices sums up different than the line item totals/invoice header totals.
1. Create a service contract that has a few different rate types and amounts.
2. Enter several days of time sheets using the different rate types and charge to several different work orders. Use fractions of hours quantity such as 4.25 or 2.75
3. Approve time sheet and run nightly procedure to post time sheets.
4. Create and approve service invoice for time sheet date range that you entered in #2.
5. Run nightly procedure to post service invoices.
6. Note the invoice total and then go to line item total. Add up line item amounts. This part most likely matches.
7. Go to line item detail view and then accounts view. Add up amounts for each line item account. Repeat for each line item.
8. Compare total for line item accounts to the invoice header total.
Totals are different
Our invoices can have many more line items and accounts, so the difference
gets exacerbated the more line items and accounts there are.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document