BRM Does Not Prorate Backdated Discount Purchase Over Closed Billing Cycles Correctly
(Doc ID 1205773.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.4.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When purchasing a backdated discount over a closed billing cycle, the discount is not prorated properly.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a product "Prod1" which has Monthly Cycle Forward event of 50 Euro for /service/ip and create a corresponding deal for this product.
2) Create a product "Prod2" which has Monthly Cycle Forward event of 10 Euro for /service/ip and create a corresponding deal for this product.
3) Create a discount object "Disc1" with a sequential discount of 10% with DM10%OFF discount model and corresponding deal for this discount object.
4) Create a discount object "Disc2" with a sequential discount of 10% with DM10%OFF discount model and corresponding deal for this discount object.
5) Create a dummy plan with /service/ip service without any deals.
6) Set "SequentialCycleDiscounting" business parameter to 1 (i.e. enabled) at PIN_HOME/sys/data/config/bus_params_billing.xml
7) Load the xml file using command : pin_bus_params -v "bus_params_billing.xml"
8) Restart cm
9) Set "fm_subscription rate_change" in cm pin.conf to 1. Restart cm.
10) Create an account using the dummy plan on 25th April 2012
11) Purchase two deals containing "Prod1" and "Disc1" on 25th April 2012, Balance Impact is 45 Euro as expected
12) Move pvt to 25th May 2012 and run billing, Balance Impact is 90 Euro
13) Move pvt to 25th June 2012 and run billing, Balance Impact is 135 Euro
14) Move pvt to 25th July 2012 and run billing, Balance Impact is 180 Euro
15) Move pvt to 4th Aug 2012 and purchase the deal which contains "Disc2" backdating to 15th May 2012 and end date as 14th Jun 2012
16) On 4th Aug 2012, purchase the deal which contains "Prod2" backdating to 15th May 2012 and end date as never.
For product2, for the period 5/25-6/25, PIN_FLD_CYCLE_START_T under PIN_FLD_CYCLE_DISCOUNTS array is set to 05/14/2012 instead of 05/25/2012.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document