Forced Reporting / Submission Unlocks Case After Locking
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2010
Applies to:Oracle Argus Affiliate - Version: 5.0.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
=== ODM Issue Clarification ===
If forced reporting has not run before a case was locked, e.g because the user never closed the case, the forced reporting will run after case lock and unlock the case preventing normal reports to be scheduled and generated.
Steps to Repeat:
1. Ensure to have a forced distribution rule active
2. Create a new case which qualifies for forced distribution today
3. Ensure at least one coded product and one coded event and case qualified for forced distribution
4. Lock the case for reporting
5. Close the case
6. Observe that case master due_soon and forced_soon fields are different from null
7 Wait until forced soon is null : i.e. forced reporting has taken place even when the case was locked
8. Observe the case activities routing and see that the forced distribution has UNLOCKED the case after locking a second time to try to generate a forced a report. Note that it will only generate a forced report is the normal report scheduling has not yet taken place.
9 Observe the following 2 issues:
9.a. Forced Reporting unlocked the locked case that was locked for reporting : this is a critical issue because the case is in non consistent state with regards to the case workflow
9.b. if the report scheduling has some delay, then the case is unlocked BEFORE reports have been scheduled and generated : this creates a critical compliance issue
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms