Update Baseline Will Not Update Activities If The Activity ID Has Been Modified
(Doc ID 1262976.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 5.0 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 5.0 and later
Primavera Contractor - Version 5.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Activities which have had their activity ID changed cannot be updated correctly by the Update Baseline function. The issue can be seen if the following steps are followed:
- Create a project with two activities, for example A1000 and A1010
- Create a baseline of the project (using the "Save a copy of the current project as a new baseline" option)
- Add a new activity to the current project, for example A1020
- Exchange the Activity IDs of the newly added activity, with one of the existing activities
- For example, Change Activity A1000's ID to "Temp"
- Then change Activity A1020's ID to A1000
- Then change Activity Temp's ID to A1020
Activities in the Pro Client display Baseline Dates for activities that do not match by Activity ID. The same Activities do not display Baseline Dates in P6 Web.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document