threadpoolworker Logs Show an Exception, Submitjob Returns Successful Return Code 0
(Doc ID 1266327.1)
Last updated on JUNE 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Framework - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Description of issue
1) The threadpoolworker logs show that an exception without a message was thrown. Since the message is used for logging, only a null is logged and therefore cannot identify what the exception was.
2) In trying to replicate the issue, noticed that the submitter process exits with an error code 0 even though the thread had an error during the run.
Steps To Recreate
1) Setup a multithreaded job so that a particular thread will end in error.
2) Use the submitjob script to submit individual threads of the multithreaded job
a. Example –
submitjob.sh –b VAL-LL –c 3 –t 1
submitjob.sh –b VAL-LL –c 3 –t 2
submitjob.sh –b VAL-LL –c 3 –t 3
3) The submitjob process, of the thread in error still exits with error code 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document