Duplicate Records in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL Table Caused By NewItemLocBatch or Any Multi-Threaded Batch
(Doc ID 1268400.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 12.0.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 25-July-2013***
Duplicate records were found in RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table after running a multi-threaded batch program such as NewItemLocBatch.
This causes the following error to occur while approving price events.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to RPM.
2. Navigate to Promotion -> Create Promotions.
3. Create and approve a simple promotion for an item at the Z1 zone level, with start and end dates in the future.
4. Create and approve a price change for the same item/zone with effective date = promotion end date + 1.
Records are properly created in the RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
5. Log in to RMS.
6. Range the item to a few more stores from the same zone: L1, L2, L3, and L4 (four locations).
Note: The number of locations ranged must be greater than THREAD_LUW_COUNT in the RPM_BATCH_CONTROL table for the NewItemLoc batch.
7. For NewItemLocBatch id in the RPM_BATCH_CONTROL table, set the value of NUM_THREADS to 2.
8. For NewItemLocBatch, set RPM_BATCH_CONTROL.THREAD_LUW_COUNT to 2.
Note: This value must be less than the number of item-locations (in this case, four item-locations).
9. Run NewItemLocBatch.
Duplicate records are created for the newly ranged locations in the RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document