Queue Exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) Occurred, Due to Which Transaction Is Missing in the Database
(Doc ID 1270651.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.1 to 13.1.1 [Release 13.0 to 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to insert a transaction that contained a line item add and delete which was discount ineligible, the following error occurs and transaction is sent to the queue exception folder.
An unknown error occurred executing the data transaction.Class: SaleReturnTransaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Class: AbstractTenderableTransaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Class: Transaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ring an item that is not discount eligible.
2. Ring an item that IS discount eligible.
3. Apply a transaction discount on items.
4. Apply an item discount on the item that is discount eligible.
5. Click Tender.
6. Click Esc/Back.
7. Delete both items from the sell screen. At this point the sale screen is blank.
8. Ring the first item that was not discount eligible.
9. Tender the transaction with cash or any tender. At this point the 'item not eligible for discount' error screen pops up. Click Enter.
10. Tender out with cash or any other tender
11. Check the queue exception folder
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!