Queue Exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) Occurred, Due to Which Transaction Is Missing in the Database
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.1 to 13.1.1 [Release 13.0 to 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for currency on 12-AUG-2014***
When attempting to insert a transaction that contained a line item add and delete which was discount ineligible, the following error occurs and transaction is sent to the queue exception folder.
An unknown error occurred executing the data transaction.Class: SaleReturnTransaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Class: AbstractTenderableTransaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Class: Transaction (Revision /rgbustores_13.0.2_branch/1) @12088324
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Ring an item that is not discount eligible.
2. Ring an item that IS discount eligible.
3. Apply a transaction discount on items.
4. Apply an item discount on the item that is discount eligible.
5. Click Tender.
6. Click Esc/Back.
7. Delete both items from the sell screen. At this point the sale screen is blank.
8. Ring the first item that was not discount eligible.
9. Tender the transaction with cash or any tender. At this point the 'item not eligible for discount' error screen pops up. Click Enter.
10. Tender out with cash or any other tender
11. Check the queue exception folder
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms