The SMS Notification From the Send Short Message Notification Node is Not Received Due to NMS Screening
(Doc ID 1272809.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 3.1.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The SSMN (Send Short Message Notification) node is used in an ACS (Advanced Control Services) Control Plan and configured to send a SMS notification to the service user.
The SMS notification is sent to NMS (Network and Messaging Service). The notification is created on the same SLC (Service Logic Cntroller) that runs NMS. As it receives the notification request, NMS sends it to the service subscriber according to the routing rules configured.
- The SSMN node is configured, but the service subscriber does not receive the SMS notification.
- Screening a message is normal if NMS is configured to, there is no reason why it would issue an alert of any form. The absence of any error message in the xmsTrigger.log is one of the symptom of this problem.
- The only message that clearly identifies this scenario will appear if xmsTrigger is configured to output in DEBUG mode:
# less /IN/service_packages/XMS/tmp/xmsTrigger.log
screeningRuleId = 101: id:101; addressClassId:0'; addressPrefix:''; pathNamePrefix:'INTERNAL'; isOriginating:'1'; messageTypeMask:'31'; releaseCauseId:'1'; hasDomain:'0'
SenderScreening writeEdr = 1
virtual void xms::TriggerContext::performAccept(xms::Transaction*, int, xms::GenericMessage*)
virtual void xms::TriggerContext::setFinalMessageStatistic(routing::MessageTypes, const std::string&, bool)
Set final message statistic to SMS_SUBMIT_FAIL_SCREENING
Setting release Cause to 1
Setting resultCode to 1
This configuration problem could happen if the NMS screening rule has been modified. This NMS screening configuration is accessible from
- Open the SMS (Service Management Server) management screens.
- When logged in, open the Services -> MessageMax -> Configuration sub-menu:
- Select the right Scheme from the Schemes tab and double click to open that Scheme configuration. Select the Screening tab to highlight the Screening configuration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!