Reverse Population Not Working for User Defined Dimension
(Doc ID 1272904.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure - Version 7.1 to 7.2.3 [Release 7]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) - Version 5.1 thru 5.2.0.
Checked for relevance on 01-Jul-2012.
In Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) Infrastructure 7.1, Reverse Population does not work for user defined dimensions (leaf) with a DIMENSION_TYPE_CODE of "OTHER" in REV_DIMENSIONS_B. After creating the user defined dimension with a DIMENSION_TYPE_CODE of "OTHER" and entering dimension values in Dimension Management, you run the fsi_batchMemberLoad function (Batch_Member_Load) to execute Reverse Population. The function executes successfully. Example:
SQL> set serveroutput on
2 num number;
4 num := fsi_batchMemberLoad('REVERSE_POP_20100812_1', '20100812',655,null,1);
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
However, when you check OFSA_LEAF_DESC and OFSA_DETAIL_OTHER_COA, there are no rows inserted into the tables for the user defined dimension. Rows do exist in the DIM_xxxxxx_B and DIM_xxxxxx_TL tables.
Steps to Replicate:
- Create a user defined dimension with DIMENSION_TYPE_CODE = 'OTHER'
- Add dimension values to the user defined dimension in Master Maintenance > Dimension Management > Members
- Review the values in the FEM_xxxxxx_B and FEM_xxxxxx_TL tables
- Run the Reverse Populate function fsi_batchMemberLoad
- Check for the user defined dimension values in OFSA_LEAF_DESC and OFSA_DETAIL_OTHER_COA.
No rows exist in OFSA_LEAF_DESC and OFSA_DETAIL_OTHER_COA for the user defined dimension.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document