Parameters/ EJournals/Transactions Stop Flowing to Central Office (CO) if CO and Store Server are Restarted
(Doc ID 1274857.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.0.1 to 13.2 [Release 13.0 to 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Why do the EJournals and transactions not flow when the Central Office (CO) server is restarted? Why are parameters not distributed to the registers if the middleware is restarted at the Central Office or Back Office server?
Steps to Reproduce:
Parameters Flow from CO to POS:
1. Central Office (CO) , Back Office (BO) and Point of Service (POS) are up and running.
2. Complete a parameter distribution job from CO and distribute to the registers.
3. Stop CO application.
4. Stop and then restart Store server.
5. Start CO application.
6. The register's workstation.xml is not updated with the new parameter changes.
Transaction Flow from POS to CO:
1. Start ORCO
2. Start Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) server
3. Start ORPOS client
4. Make transaction in ORPOS
5. Verify that transaction goes to ORCO via Data Replication
6. Disconnect ethernet cable from ORPOS machine
7. Make transaction in ORPOS
8. See that status in TR_TRN table for column ID_TLOG_BTCH is -1
9. Reconnect connection to ORPOS
10. Verify that transactions made after disconnecting connection are still with status -1
11. Restart ORPOS Server
12. Verify that transactions goes to ORCO.
The workaround for this issue is to restart the CO, BO, Store Server, and Clients in order to restart the connection. However, it is not feasible for a customer with a large number of stores to bring down their entire chain to restart all the applications when Central Office is rebooted.
JMSBroker leaking connection causes this issue. When the JMS Service on Central Office goes down, the transactions stop flowing from the Store Server to the Central Office until the JMS Service, Central Office, Store Server and the registers are restarted in the same sequence as they are listed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document