Rounding Of A Non Currency Resource in a Double Discount Scenario
(Doc ID 1276243.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Configure 2 discounts 1000 free minutes (60000 sec) and 200 free minutes (12000 sec) and attach to the deal.
2) Load the pin_beid file with round_mode = "0" and round = "0" and after restarting the processes create an account.
2) Process an EDR, pass 61000 sec. Since the beat is 15 sec the free sec will become passed as 61005 sec.
3) The EDR will be rated. First 60000 sec will consumed from the first Non-Currency Resource (NCR; resource ID 1000111) and remaining 1005 sec will be consumed from second NCR (resource ID 1000121).
4) As per the expectation, rating should consume 1005 sec from second NCR (1000121) but it is consuming only 1004 sec.
5) Problem it is rounding down from 1004.999999988600 to 1004.
Why the calculation is coming as 1004.999999988600 when the round_mode is selected and round is "0"?
How to fix this NCR error rounding in discounting?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document