Unable to Reconnect JDBC Connection After Restart of Database Without Application Server Restart
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Central Office - Version 12.0.3IN and later
Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 12.0.3IN and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Back Office (ORBO) and Oracle Retail Central Office (ORCO), we find that no code is written to re-initialize lost JDBC connections. Due to this, the connection is closed by the application server, but the JDBC driver still has the connection in an open state. Whenever SQL is subsequently executed, the following exception is seen:
Another symptom with the same cause as above:
In ORBO and ORCO, we find that incoming data import (DIMP) batches are reaching the archive folder on database connection issues.
- Oracle Database & Oracle Application Server/Oracle Weblogic Server
- Listener, Oracle service and application server are running.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Stop listener and Oracle Service, and copy the *.jar in the incoming directory of ORBO.
- *.jar is moved to the archive folder and the xml data is not inserted into the database.
- Ideally, if database service is down the import bundles should still remain in the incoming directory and should get processed to archive when DB service comes back up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms