Multiple POS Clients Inadvertently Started on the Same Register Cause Data and Queue Corruption Issues
(Doc ID 1279756.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 12.0.9IN and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Point-Of-Service (POS), a user starts the POS client process by clicking on a desktop shortcut. Since the client takes a few minutes to launch, when in a hurry that user may start it again. Both POS instances launch normally and start using the same transaction number, resulting in duplicate transaction IDs and thus corrupting the *Queue.queue files.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch Store Server.
- Launch first instance of the Register.
- Launch second instance of the Register.
- Log into first instance of Register.
- Log into second instance of Register.
- Ring an item on first instance.
- Ring an item on second instance.
- Tender transaction on first instance.
- Tender transaction on second instance.
Observation: On the receipts there are duplicate transaction IDs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document