System Should Not Allow To Delete Item Which Has Record In Transaction Data History Table
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on06-MAR-2013
The items marked for deletion are purged by the daily purge program even though transactions are present for the item in transaction history tables.There is no existing validation in the purge logic to check for transactions before deleting the item.
Steps To Recreate:
1. In rtkstrt, go to Items-> Items
2. In itemfind, select action as “Edit”, enter the item number of an existing item which has transactions in TRAN_DATA_HISTORY table and click the ok button.
3. In itemmaster, click the delete button to delete the item.
4. Run the DLYPRG batch program.
5. Note that the item is deleted from ITEM_MASTER table though transactions are still present in TRAN_DATA_HISTORY table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms