Unable To Resolve a Cost Discrepancy Using Receiver Cost Adjustment (RCA); "Cannot Perform Insert" Error Occurs
(Doc ID 1299524.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When more than one invoice is created for the same order, trying to resolve a cost discrepancy using Receiver Cost Adjustment (RCA), the following error occurs on Cost Variance Resolution screen:
Cannot perform insert
Steps to Recreate:
- In Retail Merchandising System (RMS), create a Purchase Order (PO) with two items I1 and I2.
- Received the shipment with item I1 for an extra quantity
- Created two invoices.
- Invoice exactly matching the PO.
- Invoice 2 with two items I1 and I2 Intention is to create both qty and cost disc for item I1 and qty discrepancy for item I2.
- In the summary matching screen, resolved the qty discrepancy on Invoice 1 with RUA. Invoice went to Matched status. At this time shipment went into Matched status.
- Resolved the qty discrepancy of item I2 of Invoice 2 with a debitmemo Q.
- While resolving the cost discrepancy of item I2, I have used, and its throwing an error on RMS package(Pl/Sql numeric or value error).
From the error log file:
ERROR [AJPRequestHandler-HTTPThreadGroup-44] com.retek.reim.merch.utils.ReIMException -
com.retek.reim.merch.utils.ReIMException: Cannot perform insert
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document