OFSA_VERSION Does Not Update After Applying Patch: 8678769 OFSA 4.5.41
(Doc ID 1299705.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Data Manager - Version 4.5.39 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After installing the OFSA 4.5.41 <Patch: 8678769>, as per the Readme instructions in the patch and as per <Note:864532.1> OFSA 4.5.41 README Patch 8678769, ofsa_version does not appear to be correctly updated.
Expect that OFSA 4.5.41 patch script to correctly update ofsa_version.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Apply <Patch: 8678769> OFSA 4.5.41 as per the readme instructions including:
Stage 2 : Database Changes
1. Invoke SQL*Plus as the FDM schema owner.
2. Backup the OFSA_PROCESS_ID_STEP_RUN_OPT and OFSA_PROCESS_ID_RUN_OPTIONS tables.
3. Execute the p8678769.sql script on the OFSA database as the OFSA schema owner. This script
adds the following six new columns to the OFSA_PROCESS_ID_STEP_RUN_OPT table and
This script also updates the OFSA_VERSION and OFSA_UPGRADE_LOG tables. The OFSA_VERSION table is updated with Database and Server software version 454100001.
Note: Neither the OFSA Windows Client nor TPOL has been updated with this patch so the version
numbers have not been incremented.
A new record is also added to the OFSA_UPGRADE_LOG table which indicates patch 8678769 has
been applied to the database.
2. Query OFSA_VERSION to check the update. Find it is not updated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document