Canceled Cycle_forward Assigned To Next Bill During First Cycle In Delay Period
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.3.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 15 Aug 2014
The following inconsistent termination behavior was observed on production and test environments:
- When Offer is terminated in delayed period (delayed period set to 2 days) with effective termination date set to start_date of accounting cycle the charge/refund mapping to bill varies:
o If cycle forward fee was billed previously (is valid more than 1 month) then both charge and refund are assigned to current bill.
o If cycle forward fee was not billed previously, then charge is assigned to current bill (correct behavior) but refund is included on next bill (incorrect behavior)
a) Terminate Offer billed previously:
- Create account with BDOM = 8 on 22.10.2010, subscribe Offer with cycle forward fee on 22.10. with start date 8.11.2010 00:00
- Bill account on 10.11.2010 (after delayed period) => cycle forward fee for period 8.11.2010 ~ 8.12.2010 is included on bill
- Terminate Offer on 8.12.2010 (in delayed period) with effective_date = 8.12.2010 00:00 => Cycle fee balance impacts and refunds are generated and assigned to the same bill
- Bill account on 10.12.2010 (after delayed period) => charge and refund are included on the same bill, so bill total = 0 => Correct behavior from our point of view
- Bill account on 10.1.2011 (after delayed period) => no charges billed.
b) Terminate Offer billed for the first time:
- Create Account with BDOM = 8 on 22.11.2010, subscribe Offer with cycle forward fee on 22.11. with start date 8.12.2010 00:00
- Terminate Offer on 8.12.2010 (in delayed period) with effective_date = 8.12.2010 00:00 => Cycle fee balance impacts and refunds are generated, however they are not assigned to the same bill
- Bill account on 10.12.2010 (after delayed period) => This bill includes on cycle fee for period 8.12.2010 ~ 8.1.2011
- Bill account on 10.1.2011 (after delayed period) => This bill includes only refund for period 8.12.2010 ~ 8.1.2011 => Incorrect behaviour
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms