Backdating With 31 Days Billing And MoveDayForward = LastDay Calculates Wrong Cycle_End_T
(Doc ID 1302067.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If backdating a purchase back to a day that is suppose to be a BDOM, e.g. BDOM is 31, backdate to 2/28, this is valid billing date.
The backdate purchase treats this as a pro-ration (from 2/28 to 4/30) instead of a full cycle (from 2/28 to 5/31) for a quarterly product.
Scenario 1 (with a quarterly tailormade product):
1) Create an account on Jan 31, 2013
2) Run billing on Feb 28th 2:00AM
3) Purchase a quarterly tailormade product on Mar 1st to Feb 28th 3:00AM
a) Tailormade product cycle from Feb 28th to May 31st
b) Base product cycle from Feb 28th to never
When doing a normal purchase on Feb28th, it has a full cycle from Feb 28th to May 31st.
Scenario 2 (with a normal quarterly product):
1) Create account with dummy plan on Jan 31st 2013
2) Run billing on Feb 28th
3) Move PVT (pin_virtual_time) to Mar 1st
4) Backdate purchase to Feb 28th
Product cycle with Quarterly Cycle Fee: 28/Feb/2013 to Never
Observe CF (Cycle Forward) for the period 28th Feb to 3rd March is charged.
1. bus_params_billing.xml has:
3. Set sys/cm/pin.conf :
- fm_bill calc_cycle_from_cycle_start_t 1
This issue is observed on 7.4 Patch Set 7 (PS7).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document