Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance: 05-11-2013
We find that in the Oracle Retail Point-Of-Service (ORPOS) 13.0.x Till Summary Report does not print the correct amount of 'Counted' and 'Over/Short' in the Totals section.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set Till to be reconciled from ORPOS client.
- Open a till with float amount $100.
- Do a sale transaction and tender with Cash. For example, item 4321 ($55.15).
- Do another sale transaction and tender it with Check. For example, item 1234 ($10.53).
- Close the till. Select reconcile when prompted: (F2) Daily Ops -- Login --> (F4) Till Options --> (F3) Close -- Enter Till ID and press Enter/Next.
- Enter $100 as closing float amount and press Enter/Next.
- Select (F2) Cash for reconciliation.
- Enter $20 in cash and press Next. Accept the validation warning of "entered amount not equal to expected amount".
- Select (F3) Check for reconciliation.
- Enter $5 and press Add.
- Select Next and accept the validation warning of "entered amount not equal to expected amount".
- Press Enter/Next when back on the 'Select Tender' screen.
- Select NO for Foreign Currency and complete the till reconciliation.
- Check the 'Totals' section in the Till Summary report. Note that the Over/Short Amount in Totals is shown as 0.00, which is wrong. It should show the exact Over/Short amount based on the entries entered during reconciliation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms