Project "B" On Hand Not Pegged/Used To Satisfy Project "B" Non Standard Discrete Job Demand
(Doc ID 1311688.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are on ASCP Engine/UI RUP#37. They are one of the customers with an exemption to not have to upgrade to minimum patching levels. They run Unconstrained ASCP plan and this is a Project environment. They have found an intermittent issue where Project On Hand for a specific project is pegged to excess instead of being used for Non Standard Discrete Job requirements with the same Project. Instead the Non Standard Discrete Job pegs to on hand for a different project. This issue is intermittent and comes and goes. Example:
Reservation level = Planning Group
Hard Pegging Level = Project
Org Code = TST:M1
Item = JMMake
On Hand - Qty = 4 Project = ProjA
On Hand - Qty = 3 Project = ProjB
There are 3 Non Standard Discrete Job Demands for Qty = 1 for ProjB.
However, the supply pegging for these 3 non standard jobs is pegging to On Hand Project = ProjA instead of Project = ProjB.
The on hand for ProjB is pegged to excess.
Things we tried/discussed:
1. Had the user set profile option MSC: Use attribute based netting from NULL to Yes (Profile MSC: Minimize Project Cross Peg within Window already was set to Yes). However this causes any inventory in Common (ie non Project on hand) to not be used and pegged to excess. So this put us in a catch 22
2. Discussed with customer setting profile option MSC: Use FIFO Pegging from No to Yes. However, they informed me via Bug 9189010 that it was recommended to keep this as No because they're using Priority Pegging in their plan options
1. Run ASCP unconstrained Plan
2. Review Planners workbench output/supply pegging
3. Issue comes and goes and is intermittent
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document